City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + 15% bonus + 30 days holiday
over 1 year ago
A high-profile Professional Services firm in the City is offering a hands-on Management Accountant the opportunity to take a leadership role in the team and own the end-to-end monthly reporting.
As the Finance Manager and number 2 to the FC, you will take a lead in the finance team for managing the monthly finances, aiding more junior members in the team and driving improvements to the reporting and controls for the business.
Located in the heart of London at Bank, this young vibrant business in bright and modern offices, have a fantastic nurturing culture and excellent benefits including 30 days holidays and generous bonuses.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Management and control of the financial accounting system
- Month-end process, including period-end close, month-end journals and completion of required balance sheet reconciliations
- Day to day monitoring of bank accounts, liaison with the banks, and preparation of covenant calculations
- Assistance with external audit - preparation of the statutory accounts, associated audit files, liaison with auditors
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return
- Assistance with corporation tax and PAYE/NI reporting requirements
- Assistance with the development of operating procedures and policies
- Assistance with raising of invoices (subscriptions) and associated commercial activities and events
- Supervising the AP and AR team
- Input into the requirements of new accounting standards, taxation changes and other reporting developments
- Ad hoc project work and analysis to support the FC and FD
- Qualified Accountant
- Good Excel skills
- Familiar with all aspects of financial accounting, reconciliations and associated controls
- Pro-active 'can do' attitude - willing to accept ownership and responsibility
- Must have a commercial approach with strong desire to understand the business model and work with the business to achieve its aims
- Sun system experience would be beneficial