Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
over 1 year ago
02 Feb 00:00
Cedar is currently working with a well-known multi service business based near Sheffield that is looking to recruit a Finance Manager.
The company brand is well-known, enjoys a fantastic reputation, and offers a fantastic working environment along with some great benefits.
The successful candidate will be Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and Finance Director and taking ownership for the finance function of the Retail side of the business, this is a high-profile role. Key responsibilities will include:
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Manage, support and develop 3 direct reports
- Accurately produce monthly journals in a timely manner
- Ensuring high value journals are reviewed and authorising accordingly
- Monthly Management Reporting
- Provide early insight on monthly performance to Finance Business partners
- Review and submit Balance Sheet Reconciliations for key Balance Sheet Accounts
- Full review of Balance Sheet for both businesses each month to ensure all balances are valid, supported and all unreconciled items are resolved and cleared in a timely manner
- Challenge existing processes and contribute to change to address deficiencies, risks and inefficiencies
- Provide information and support for auditors as required at year end
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting process as required
- Ad hoc analysis and query resolution
- Previous experience managing a small team is essential
- Previous experience working with strong control requirements highly desirable
- Previous experience of process improvement highly desirable
- Experience in developing and managing relationships with internal and external parties is essential
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is able to demonstrate an adaptable approach and broad business awareness.
With proven management accounting expertise, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate their ability to lead and develop a team within an accounting function and, ideally, will have previously worked within a fast moving and multi-site organisation.