£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits
about 1 month ago
A Finance Manager is sought by a growing national restaurant chain who have pivoted their business model to see them trade profitably through opening selected restaurants as well as supplying an ever increasing takeaway market. They are poised to announce further growth in the coming months.
The newly created role of Finance Manager will report to the Finance Director, lead a team of 2 and be responsible for all the day-to-day financial operations of the business. Duties include:
- Own and review the full month-end close process and all aspects of cashflow management.
- Provide complete understanding of and commentary on all monthly variances as well as variances to budget; suggest remedial action where necessary.
- Process improvement including designing and maintaining internal controls.
- Prepare external financial statements and be the main point of contact for the auditors.
- Assist the FD on various ad hoc projects - e.g. major refurbishment project, re-forecasts etc
The ideal candidate for the position of Finance Manager will be:
- An ACA (or equivalent) who has trained in a Big 4 / Top 10 firm in practice.
- Technically aware, used to working under pressure and presenting at Partner / Board level.
- Confident enough to run the day-to-day finance function for a dynamic, growing business.
- Someone who enjoys decision-making, working under pressure and early responsibility.