£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + 15% bonus
15 days ago
Finance Manager - Growth stage Tech - Central London - £65k + 15% bonus
A high-growth Tech business in the West End of London is looking for an ambitious Finance Manager to join their growing finance team.
This incredibly successful business has raised £3Bn in funds to date and is less than 10 years old, is a true industry disruptor and already being recognised as one of the biggest players in their sector. They succeed based on a culture of trust and respect, in a collaborative 'win as a team' environment where everyone is recognised for their hard work, decisions are made quickly, and creativity thrives.
Managing 1 direct report this newly created Finance Manager role will report into an impressive Head of Financial Reporting with significant exposure to the C-suite and Commercial teams, in an expanding a growing team with significant opportunity for internal progression. Senior management are friendly and approachable, and this is a genuinely nice place to work.
About the role
This role is crucial to the forecasted growth of the business to ensure there is accurate, timely and robust management reporting. Due to this rapid expansion of the business, they are currently experiencing enormous change, and the processes involved with reporting their numbers will need to be constantly reassessed and improved in order to reflect that increase in volumes, as well as ensuring accountability across the business.
Some responsibilities include:
- Line management of one direct report - a Revenue Finance Analyst
- Preparing the monthly consolidations for the Group companies, including detailed analysis of monthly information with comparison to budgets
- Responsible for the collation of financial data into the monthly reporting packs that are submitted to the Board
- Ownership for the reporting of revenue, ensuring correct accounting for new commercial contracts; as well as being responsible for the reporting of cost of sales
- Be a key contact to the onsite commercial finance team, providing figures for discussion and using information to keep monthly reporting accurate and up to date
- Providing ad hoc information as requested by shareholders or the senior leadership team in order to aid decisions
- Act as a subject matter expert for your area, and help improve finance systems and processes to adapt to the requirements of a high growth company
Experience that is essential:
- You must be a qualified accountant with PQE and a strong academic record
- Have recent experience of preparing Group management accounts in a large company with the knowledge of knowing what 'good' looks like
- Hands-on month-end experience, including posting journals etc.
- Be a strong communicator with the confidence and gravitas to challenge and present to senior stakeholders and the senior leadership team
- An adaptable personality to work in a high growth and ever evolving "Growth Stage Tech" environment.