I am exclusively recruiting a Finance Manager for one of the UK's fastest growing education providers; they have a national presence and have been growing organically and by acquisition for quite some time. This growth is expected to continue and this is a newly created role to support current & future needs.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will manage a small team and lead the accounting, reporting and control functions across the UK business. Specific duties include:
- Lead the month-end close process - ensure timely & accurate financial reporting.
- Manage the accounting teams (3 staff) to deliver excellent support across the business.
- Maintain financial controls in key areas e.g. payments, bank accounts, reconciliations, assets.
- Act as a Business Partner across operating businesses, head office; ensure budgets are managed.
- Support a range of projects (e.g. ERP implementation, CapEx investment, Treasury management).
The successful candidate for the position of Finance Manager will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
- Enjoy working in a hands-on manner and be keen to continue getting stuck into the detail.
- Have FRS102 experience and a good awareness of controls around reconciliations & month end.
- (Ideally) possess some experience of managing staff and experience in a multi-site business.
- Seek to gain experience in implementing an ERP system and helping a business to modernise.
Salary: £60000 - £65000 + 10% bonus + 27 days + bens.