Are you a qualified accountant looking for an entry point into the music industry?
A Finance Manager is sought by one of the world's major music companies; they are home to some of the globe's best known artists and they also operate several businesses designed to help aspiring artists take their music to a wider audience. They are growing their repertoire, sales & profit and the bright, numerate Finance Manager will join them in a challenging role offering flexible working.
The Finance Manager leads a small team and supports the company's digital operations by accounting for the flow of global music payments between digital partners and artists. Specific duties include:
- Lead the preparation of digital revenue accruals and associated costs. Review estimates of monthly revenue.
- Manage digital provider deal financials including deal economics, minimum guarantees, earnings & recoupment.
- Control, approve and analytically review all month end journals / financials; present to senior management.
- Oversee the Digital AR process including preparing cash flow budgets (forecasts and actuals).
- Drive the monthly repatriation process of digital sales revenue collected to content / repertoire owners.
- Manage and develop a team of two.
The ideal candidate for the post of Financial Accountant will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with a numerate background.
- Interested in working with large amounts of data and solving large, complex, real life problems.
- Bright, driven and keen to shape a role around their skills and interests.
- Enthused by managing & motivating others whilst showing significant initiative.
- Keen to see this role as an entry point to a highly respected company in the music industry.
NOTE: Music experience is NOT essential.
Salary: £55-£58k + 15% bonus + excellent benefits.