£90000 - £95000 per annum
11 months ago
15 Aug 00:00
A Finance Director is required for an award-winning leisure group with a strong brand name and impressive reputation within the market. Having achieved great success to date, the business has exciting growth plans.
The Finance Director will be tasked with full ownership for running all aspects of the finance function, ensuring robust controls are in place and driving the commercial and strategic framework. This role will reporting directly to the CEO with significant exposure to senior management. Managing a sizeable team, key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strong business partner to the CEO and working in close partnership with the senior management team, supporting commercial and operational decision-making across the organisation
- Ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight controls, drive continuous improvements, creating an effective infrastructure to support future growth
- Taking ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes - establishing and embedding reporting frameworks
- Full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Proactive management, development and ongoing motivation of the team
The successful candidate will be a technically strong, commercially minded, qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record of working in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented, growth environment. You will possess a strong reporting background, with advanced Excel skills, and a demonstrable track record of managing, leading and successfully developing a finance team. Previous exposure to operating within a travel or leisure business would be highly advantageous.
A confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships across all levels, with both finance and non-finance teams. You will have the emotional intelligence, credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and proactivity, you will thrive in a change-oriented and fast paced environment.