£90000 - £95000 per annum + Equity
4 months ago
A Finance Director is required for a branded, entrepreneurial restaurant group with a unique customer offering and strong position in the market. The business has achieved great success to date and has exciting growth plans.
In this newly created role you will be tasked with full ownership for the day to day finance function and will be a strong number two and trusted business partner to the CEO. Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strong business partner to the CEO and broader management team, supporting commercial and operational decision-making across the organisation
- Managing and preparing all financial and management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, planning, annual accounts preparation, compliance, tax, payroll, KPIs and company cash flow to agreed deadlines
- Ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight control, drive continuous improvement, best practice and efficiencies
- Analysing new and existing business initiatives, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities - including new site acquisitions, competitor and market analysis, marketing initiatives and supply chain / procurement processes
- Playing an active part in ad hoc projects including systems implementation and acquisitions
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on' qualified accountant with proven experience of operating in a fast paced, multi-site, consumer focussed environment. You will be comfortable dealing with the complexity of multiple revenue streams. Prior experience of working within a growing SME, and ideally with previous exposure of operating in an owner-managed organisation would be highly desirable.
A confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision making whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and get into the detail. With exceptional communication skills, you will have the credibility and gravitas to work effectively with both finance and non-finance teams. You will have a commercial mind set, and the emotional intelligence to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With demonstrable drive and enthusiasm and will thrive in a change oriented and dynamic environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a major commercial impact upon a growing organisation.