£80000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus
4 months ago
Our client is a fast growing, entrepreneurial, Bristol-based manufacturing business, operating in a niche and highly lucrative market. With a clear strategic vision and ambitious growth plans, the business is looking to strengthen its finance capability by appointing a Finance Director.
This newly created role is the most senior finance role within the organisation and you will be tasked with full ownership of the day to day finance function. Reporting directly to the CEO, key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strong business partner to the CEO and broader management team
- Managing and overseeing all financial and management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, planning, annual accounts preparation, compliance, tax, payroll, KPIs and company cash flow to agreed deadlines
- Providing financial and commercial analysis and information to support operational business decision making - analysing new and existing business initiatives, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities
- Driving through best practice by identifying process and controls improvements for financial reporting and then implementing the identified changes
- Proactive management, development and ongoing motivation of the team, ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight controls, drive continuous improvements and efficiencies to facilitate effective and fast paced growth
- Playing an active part in ad hoc projects including systems implementation
The successful candidate will be a technically strong, commercially minded, qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record of working in a fast-paced, team oriented and entrepreneurial environment. A strong reporting background, with advanced Excel skills, and a demonstrable track record of managing, leading and successfully developing a finance team will be essential. Previous exposure of operating within an international manufacturing organisation with a proven understanding of different global business cultures will also be key.
As a confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision making, whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and get into the detail. With exceptional communication skills, you will have the credibility and gravitas to work effectively with finance and non-finance teams alike, with the ability to build strong relationships and help drive the business forward.