I am currently working exclusivity with a rapidly expanding independent security businesses that provides projection services to VIP's and leading international businesses worldwide. Due to significant growth they are seeking to hire a commercial, ambitious, profit-driven Accountant, to be Finance Director, working alongside the Managing Director and Board, bringing Financial Expertise and Leadership skills to the Senior Management Team.
This is a new role and key to taking the Group into its next stage of growth.
You will work with the Managing Director on New Business Development and Pitches. To oversee contract profitability, project control and costing and analysis with the support of the Commercial Finance Manager Contract.
You will manage the Finance function and team (currently a team of 5) , with responsibility for the production of Monthly Management Accounts (ensuring full information is provide to the Shareholders) , the management of day to day processes ( including the in-house payrolls (head-office and Guarding), external and statutory reporting for the three Group Companies ( with liaison/management of the Company Auditors and Tax advisers)
This is a commercial, business facing role requiring a team player, strong financial acumen and analytical skills. An understanding of and interest in Technology and Systems is also key as the Group is at a pivotal moment of process and system change.
Also required; excellent people-management skills, good communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Member of the Board of Directors, steering the Group forward, working closely with the Managing Director and other Board Directors
- Lead and Member of Technology and System Innovation sub-Committees
- Management of Finance Team, managing day to day finance functions (Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Bank Reconciliations, Nominal Ledger Reconciliations)
- Management of Revenue- overseeing Monthly/Quarterly invoicing and preparation of Revenue Forecasting
- Monthly Management Accounts - providing innovative financial analysis alongside the main monthly reports - including full Contract reporting and profitability.
- Management of Cashflow- including managing relationship with the Group's Banks
- New Business Pitches- overseeing costings and pricing proposals for new contracts
- Contract Renewals- overseeing costings and pricing proposals for contract renewals
- Preparation of Annual Budgets
- Statutory Accounts- liaison with Auditors
- Other Statutory Reporting; VAT, National Statistics etc
- Management and Control of other Adhoc Projects (IT/ Capex etc)
Qualifications / Experience: -
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACA)- essential
- Previous experience of being solely responsible for Finance Team
- Contract/Costing Experience desirable
- Security Sector/ Professional Services experience desirable
Post holder must be able to demonstrate: -
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic and Creative thinker
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Accounting Technical Skills
- Good literacy and communication skills
- Organisational Agility
- Advanced Excel/IT skills
- Ability to work in fast-moving environment
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.