Up to £60000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits
4 months ago
This young and fast paced team is being sponsored by the CEO to drive Technology product development and Transformation across this FTSE 250 business, based at one of their main central London offices.
Supporting this change and transformation is the need for an ambitious Commercial Finance Business Partner with the energy and drive to role their sleeves up and improve the quality and efficiency of financial information for the senior leadership team both finance and non-finance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be close to the decision makers, business partnering to Board level of a FTSE 250 business, taking a lead in Finance to guide decisions through analysis, and support business processes improvement, becoming a senior leader in the Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director as his number 2 in this new team, you will support the FD on strategic initiatives as well as project and management accounting. With the high-profile exposure of this role there will be real opportunity for progression, including moving into other areas of Finance.
This programme is essentially a young 'start up' within a larger business, with young product development and R&D teams to support, so you will need to be Tech savvy and able to quickly understand new technologies.
- Forecasting, variance and trend analysis.
- Working Capital management and cash flow reporting.
- Versatile financial modelling projects to reflect the different types of programmes being delivered.
- KPI reporting (possessing a strong understanding of productivity).
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders across the company (up to Board level) and strategic external partners, bringing and enhancing credibility as part of the al Excellence team.
- Month End reporting: Utilising strong technical knowledge to support preparation of the monthly adjustments and analysis of non-financial metrics to measure how effectively the programme performance targets are being achieved.
- Assist in the production of the business monthly performance reporting pack.
- Drive best practices / improvements for finance and Operational Excellence reporting.
- Analysing the output from the business transformation management and reporting tool to constructively challenge the programme progress/results
So what we are looking for:
- A pro-active, self-starter who will be comfortable working in an environment of change
- Strong operational and commercial acumen to interpret the results required for the business, but also to constructively challenge a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Experience in a high growth or start-up technology / software as a service business will also be a distinct advantage
- The ability to successfully build strong relationships with the wider business (across finance, divisions and operations). You will be expected to positively influence teams and contribute towards the achievement of the programme. Therefore, you will need to travel to different locations around the UK as required
- The Finance Business Partner will need to possess strong knowledge of operations, technical reporting requirements and commercial gravitas. It's imperative that the candidate can satisfy the P&L and Balance Sheet reporting requirements, compliance and governance
- Knowledge / experience of working in a complex contracts service / professional services environment is an advantage, along with experience in the Technology/Network/Software services sector