£27000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Cedar are currently looking for a Finance Assistant to join a well-known entertainment company based in Central London.
This role is a 12-month FTC paying £27,000- £28,000 per annum.
Main duties include:
- Prepare and upload month end journals, including accruals, prepayments and recharges, to ensure that overheads are accounted for correctly.
- Undertake meaningful variance analysis to assist management in understanding the cost base and drive efficiencies.
- Prepare detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure any issues are resolved prior to the month end close.
- Provide the Financial Controller with recommendations on how to improve the Company's overheads process.
- Business partner with budget holders to better understand their cost base and ensure the correct allocation of expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual overheads budget.
- Liaise with the auditors during the quarterly reviews, interim and annual audits.
- Complete national statistic forms on a monthly basis.
- Prepare employment tax returns including the PSA and P11Ds.
- Prepare monthly cost of product journals and analysis.
- Prepare monthly obsolescence provisions and analysis.
- Assist the Financial Controller and Senior Finance Manager in actualising the weekly cash-flows and forecasting cash-flows on an annual basis from an overheads perspective.
- Review and approve monthly intercompany payments.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and Financial Controller with an ad hoc requests.
- You will be in the early/ Middle stages of ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle ideal
- Previous overheads experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work through problems logically.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail. Initiative, drive and strength of character.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise work in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours around key Finance deadlines.
If this role is of interest please apply online ASAP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.