City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst for a telecommunications company based in the City of London.
The company has a global footprint, and this particular division of the company is entering an exciting period of growth, so this role will continuously grow and develop in line with this.
The role will be ideal for someone with finance analyst experience and project management experience, who is looking to work in an extremely supportive environment in a role that offers clear progression.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Responsible for the Run control process to perform runs in the cost modelling system which produces the data required for the preparation of the Regulatory Financial Statements.
- Gather data from systems and teams across the company to keep our hierarchies and mappings up to date.
- Provide the input for sensitivity analysis which then will be evaluated
- Responsible the Long Run Incremental Cost (LRIC) process from end to end and proposing business improvements, ensuring they are delivered in a controlled manner.
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide the story around the results, assess the need of any adjustments and assist with Ofcom queries.
- Take the lead on changing LRIC methodologies. This requires concise and clear documentation that'll allow all stakeholders to understand and approve the changes proposed.
- Currently studying ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Excellent Excel capabilities
- Possess the ability to improve and simplify processes, making them as transparent and automated as possible.
- Must embrace and support change, including process simplification and automation.
- Must understand the importance of controls framework, and clearly document the work that you do.
- Work collaboratively across the Finance team, assisting and learning from other experts
- Strong analytical skills and a knack for problem-solving.
- Great communication skills to explain your work to non-subject matter experts.
- Experience of working with large, complex datasets.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with other Microsoft Office applications
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company with a global presence, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.