Up to £36000 per annum
about 1 year ago
My Client is looking for a Part Qualified Finance Analyst to join there Central London based Office. This is a forward thinking, fast paced business area operating within a flexible working environment with scope for personal & career development.
What you will do:
- You will support the commercial finance forecast activities for each quarter ('Charging Statement' / 'Indicative Budget'), the annual business and long term plan.
- Continue to drive improvement in financial processes, business analysis and reporting.
- Review Contract Amendments and ensure Finance Models and Finance Schedules are updated correctly by Service Provider teams.
- Update finance system with the months actuals
- Update financial forecasting system with the most up to date information for contractual information (e.g. indexation, new charges and payment milestone certificates).
- Raise PO's and goods reciting for all recurring spend and financing
- Review PO's raised by the business. Ensure correct vendor, WBS and General Ledger Account
- Substantiation of financial information in the financial system - e.g. Dates (milestone achieved, invoice start, invoice end, finance charges, operating charges, asset/liability long-term and short-term).
- Preparation of monthly journals for project accruals, milestone recognition and finance charges
- Reconcile the monthly components of SAP actuals and BPC.
- Build relationships with the external suppliers, attend monthly meetings and ensure our payables are aligned to their receivables
- You will work closely with the FP&A Manager to develop and deliver high quality reporting for the commercial finance function.
- They will provide financial support to the Finance Business Partners, develop value-add insight to action, and work together with the Finance Transformation Manager and members of the wider business to drive change and efficiencies in the way we operate.
- This role will also work closely with the Financial Reporting team to ensure accuracy of recording of the large service provider contracts.
- Experience of working in a commercial finance role
- Desire to work towards a professional finance qualification or CIMA/ACA/ACCA part-qualified or equivalent
- Track record of implementing change to improve financial processes
- Confident dealing with non-financial stakeholders
- Demonstrates initiative and takes responsibility for issues, seeing them through to completion
- Excellent Excel and communication skills
- Effective communicator - both written and spoken
- Takes ownership of financial processes, leading the commercial finance team approach and financial requirements
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- An eye for detail, ability to review/quality assure documentation and provide constructive feedback
- Design, build and manage financial model reports / models
If you would be interested in this amazing opportunity contact Matthew Sommerville at