Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Additional Benefits
4 months ago
FTSE 250 organisation seeking to appoint technically strong accountants to join the business as part of a new transformation project.
The Function is undergoing a multi-year transformation of its current operating model as well as technology As part of this transformation, a Group Financial Assurance function is being created
- Review of legal entity balance sheets, analysing legal entities by profit centre and providing transparency of statutory accounts to key stakeholders.
- Review data migration identify risks
- Ensure balances are assigned to correct business owner considering items of highest risk
- Review of unallocated balances, prepare commentary on variance year on year
- Adherence to proper controls and systems, complying with UK and IFRS accounting standards
- Support statutory account process improvement, develop an improved more transparent process including process re-design of the statutory accounting process to benefit from the Smarter Faster Finance design
- Collate information and prepare presentations for management, Board and Group level reporting on legal entities including the quarterly analytical review of legal entities to Finance Managers and Directors
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA
- Working knowledge of accounting standards IFRS - 15 & 16
- Working knowledge in either an Internal Audit or Financial Accounting Capacity
- Enthusiasm to be part of change driven intiatives