£75000 - £80000 per annum + excellent pension + bens
2 days ago
Imperial College - Business School
Faculty Finance Officer (Divisional Finance Director)
Imperial College London attracts over 19,000 new students each year, retains the services of 8,000 staff of the highest calibre and is consistently rated amongst the world's best universities. As part of Imperial College, the Business School drives excellence through the fusion of business, technology and an entrepreneurial mindset. Our world leading research informs postgraduate and Executive Education programmes and is sought by governments, policymakers and global business leaders alike.
The Business School is seeking an experienced finance professional to lead Finance across the Business School and play a key role in driving their ambitious strategic plan. The Business School offers a dynamic, supportive and diverse working environment, with a "can do" attitude expected from all staff. The right individual, in possession of the appropriate blend of financial expertise and leadership ability to influence and inspire colleagues, will enjoy an exceptionally interesting opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the future direction of the Business School at a time of change in the higher education landscape.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Lead the provision of financial information, analysis and advice to support the operational management of the Faculty and its departments.
- Instil a culture of sound financial management across the Faculty by ensuring that the College's financial controls are understood and followed.
- Quantify the financial impact on different potential courses of action (e.g. investment appraisals) and advise on options or actions to improve the outcome.
- Identify potential issues associated with unusual or complex transactions; review and approve the appropriate treatment.
- Work closely with the Dean to develop & implement a prioritised financial plan for the Faculty.
- Develop and make use of a wide network of key relationships from both inside and outside the organisation to influence others; negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to team members, inspiring excellent performance that fully reflects the behaviours required by Imperial Expectations.
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- A full accountancy qualification along with significant PQE.
- Proven experience in developing, analysing, interpreting & reporting financial information.
- A track record of managing teams to produce results in a constantly evolving environment.
- The intellectual horsepower, confidence and strong influencing skills to work effectively with pro-active, motivated individuals.
- An ability to find common ground when faced with competing demands for time & resources.
- The desire to take advantage of the opportunities to develop within and beyond this role.
For the full Job Description and additional information, please click on the following link: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/FOG00406/faculty-finance-officer
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30th September 2020.