Up to £85000 per annum
18 days ago
European Financial Controller
£85,000 + benefits
As a market leader in the branded goods sector and with a diverse array of owned and licensed popular brands, this dynamic organisation sells products globally across wholesale, e-commerce and retail channels.
It is now seeking a Financial Controller to own the management and statutory reporting for the European segment of a major division.
In this high profile and business critical role you will:
- Manage a team of 8 to deliver multi-region financial/management reporting requirements
- Work closely with the FP&A team to support the budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning process
- Review the monthly management results, preparing variance analysis with associated conclusions and recommendations
- Oversee creation of weekly cashflow forecasts
- Oversee the statutory accounts preparation for the European entities
- Coach the team to improved quality and timing of cyclical reporting
- Manage the relationship with external advisors, i.e. auditors
- Deliver insightful analysis for actual vs budget of corporate costs
- Identify weaknesses in processes and controls and execute appropriate improvements
- Provide support on numerous ad-hoc projects
As a proven Financial Controller, you will have owned the statutory and management reporting for an international entity, delivering 'right first time' reporting.
With excellent technical knowledge you will have a good understanding of financial systems and an ability to excel within a matrix management environment.
You will also have led and developed a team to improved standards through a combination of aspirational leadership, a nurturing mentoring style and first-hand experience of accounting within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Experience of working with German, French or Italian partners, having a second European language and/or experience of working within the following sectors would be an advantage: Brand Management; Publishing; Music; FMCG; Wholesale; Retail; Licensing.