West Sussex, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum
24 days ago
About the role:
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a qualified Estates Manager and create a new function within the existing Estates department. We are looking to recruit a dynamic individual to support our Head of Procurement and Acting Head of Strategic Estates in delivering high quality Estates service.
This is a new post with an exciting opportunity to support the Trust in the delivery of all key Estates objectives.
The role will manage the day - to -day relationship with Operational Senior management on Estates matters, such as Health & Safety compliance, ensuring a fit-for-purpose, safe and compliant environmentally maintained at all times.
- Provide & receive complex information; negotiating skills. Exchange maintenance, technical directors; negotiators, suppliers.
- Specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and practice. Exchange maintenance acquired through degree or equivalent plus professional knowledge acquired through post-graduate courses & experience to masters equivalent level.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans, impact across the organisation
- Develop long term strategic estates operations plan to implement organisational objectives for critical services
- Responsible for policy development, implementation for service/range of policy, service development, directorate or equivalent.
- Review and develops policies for engineering maintenance/responsible for estates operations policies
- Budget holder for service; responsible for maintenance of physical assets for department/service
- Line management for engineering operations staff
- To establish excellent and supportive working relationships with senior management in Operations
- Occasional; regular requirement to use computer software to develop or create reports, documents, drawings. Use of CAD systems for building plans
- Undertake estates condition survey; trails of new equipment
- Guided by building, H&S regulations responsible for estates operations
- Concentration for paperwork, drawing; operations incidents
- Deal with staff grievance, disciplinary issues
- Site visits, maintenance activities/sewage, pest control