An Entity Rationalisation Accountant is sought by a leading City-based company who have grown particularly quickly in the past 6 years via an unprecedented number of acquisitions (more than 10 in each of the past 3 years). They are a real success story and have the funds to make further large scale acquisitions over the coming year.
There is therefore a need to eliminate companies that are longer needed (c. 60 companies over the next 2 years) and restructure the remaining companies to facilitate consolidation - whilst over 100 companies have been eliminated in the past three years, a similar number have been acquired and others are soon likely to follow.
The Entity Rationalisation Accountant will work closely with the finance, tax, legal & company secretarial teams and perform the following tasks:
- Act as a Financial Accountant to review the Balance Sheets of companies that are no longer needed.
- Prepare and / or review due diligence to facilitate entity dissolution plans.
- Work with other stakeholders to resolve all pre-dissolution actions in a timely manner.
- Review legal documents required to complete pre-dissolution actions - share issuances; capital reductions; loan repayments; declaration of dividends; business transfers; share transfers; strike-offs; liquidations etc..
- Assist with the company's FY22 / 23 internal restructure as required
- Assist with ad hoc requests including managing and developing the project plan beyond this time.
The ideal candidate for the role of Entity Rationalisation Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant - preferably ACA or practice trained - with strong balance sheet & reconciliation skills.
- Work with a high attention to detail and possess the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Be organised, tenacious and enjoy working closely with (non)finance stakeholders at all levels.
- Ideally have prior exposure to due diligence, restructuring and / or rationalising corporate structures.
- Understand that this role offers real visibility at CFO level and is an excellent entry point to the organisation.
Salary: £60000 - £70000 + 15% bonus + 10% pension + excellent benefits.