£35000 - £55000 per annum
10 days ago
Award winning automotive video electronics company, who is the market leader in their field are looking for a forward thinking Electronics Engineer to join their rapidly expanding global team. You will work closely with cross functional hardware, software and production engineers to deliver and implement solutions to the products, debugging systems and circuits in related hardware. This role will require you to be influential in the development of the current range of products and memory cards and the design of future models.
Work closely with Product Development Manager, product owners, production facility & component suppliers to review, analyse and evaluate prototypes and products. Provide reports and feedback to internal and external teams.
- Work closely with colleagues on camera electronics to improve camera design and complete root-cause analysis of problems found.
- Compile and maintain Research, Test, Validation technologies & Methodologies
- Work with design teams to develop and implement validation plans
- Provide functional verification of electrical systems
- Debug / Tune PCB hardware both on the bench, laboratory and also in-vehicle.
- Maintain EMC compliance reviews both on a specific product basis and an annual range check basis.
- Creating prototype PCB's & microsystems for local testing requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent work experience in the relevant field
3-5 years of relevant experience. Strong preference given to candidates with camera / video recording electronic experience
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight schedules, including close collaboration with global 3rd party partners, is essential
Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and micro-controllers, data and video interfaces such as USB, HDMI, MIPI, LVDS. File formats MP4, MOV & H264 and H265 encoding
Experience with high density and high speed circuit board design and validation
Experience in failure analysis and troubleshooting skills in a laboratory environment
Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
Schematic capture and PCB design experience
Experience working in a laboratory environment
Strong self-motivation, ability to work independently and within a team