Grocery Buyer I E-Commerce I £40,000 - 50,000 I East London I Partial Remote Working
A VC backed E-commerce start-up are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Grocery Buyer to be part to their expanding buying team. Based in London, the business experienced rapid growth in 2020/ 2021 and this position will form part of the company's continuing growth plan. This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded Buyer or Junior Buyer to join a company at an early stage in their story and to help drive the companies growth into a real household name. The post holder will have genuine impact in developing their category, which will be either ambient grocery or home and cleaning depending on expertise, and influencing product ranges.
Reporting straight into the Head of Buying, the Buyer will perform all buying activities for their category/ subcategories and will need to be a self-starter who thrives in taking the initiative to drive buying success. The ideal candidate will have well rounded experience in a buying role in a Retail environment buying either ambient and long shelf life food or non-food grocery such as kitchen and bathroom cleaning products. Experience within snacks and confectioneries, and cleaning and bathroom products is particularly welcomed.
Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Take ownership of allotted categories, carrying out regular range reviews to find areas of improvement and introduce innovative new products
- Manage margin and product levels for category
- Maintain strong supplier relationships in order to negotiate lower costs, produce promotional plans and deliver joint growth targets
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the market and competitors in product areas through market research and management of customer feedback and buying information
- Work internally to build strong stakeholder relations and maintain strong communication between buying and other departments
- Experience and skills
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally in a retail environment
- Experience in snacks/ confectionery, soft drinks, home, and kitchen and bathroom products essential
- Strong understanding of how to manage a product range
What you get
- £40,000 - £45,000 salary
- 25% company discount
- Frequent team lunches and social events
- Remote working opportunity with office attendance 4-5 times per month
Apply now to be considered!