£51000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
7 days ago
AG Digital Services - Service Architect
Please also note that all candidates must have UK residency for the last 3 years for vetting purposes
- The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the efficient and effective design of digital service delivery to ensure services meet the needs of the customer.
- Develop and maintain Digital Services' customer service designs, including the delivery of relevant service architectures to support the strategic transition of business solutions into production, by identifying and integrating business, information, and technology architecture, in alignment with service strategy, creating a culture of perpetual challenge and continuous improvement in the delivery of internal and 3rd party services.
- Works as part of the enterprise design practice to identify impact on service architecture and user service experience. Collaborates closely with the Architecture Team, Customer Service Manager/Supplier Relationship Manager to define service objectives, commercial arrangements, service levels and other performance indicators.
- To be responsible for the development and documentation of the Digital Services Service Strategy and associated roadmaps.
- To undertake the role of service design authority for all ICT change. Creation of Service Architectures that maximise the efficiency of all support scenarios whilst minimising the costs for Service Delivery.
- To ensure that the ICT service architecture meets all the relevant industry/national standards and demonstrates consistency of design across all ICT related programmes and projects.
- To take responsibility for understanding strategic business requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and recommending service options. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups to ensure the contribution of all relevant stakeholders is maximised.
- To deliver an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in respect of the ICT service architecture and ensure that emerging technology and new initiatives are fully evaluated and relevant proposals are proactively driven through the DS Management Team and the enterprise design practice.
- To design all functional and technical aspects of a service for business change, developing a service design to meet those requirements including defined cost, security and service level requirements, leveraging standard service building blocks as much as possible. Identifying risks and providing mitigations options for these to the delivery team.
- To support the transition of new services into the production service environment, providing a focal point for service design.
- To be a core member of the DS Intelligent Client Function (ICF), and be a key influencer and decision maker in respect of ICT service governance, strategy, planning, assurance and standard-setting, both internally with key stakeholders and externally in driving maximum value from strategic supplier relationships.
- To represent effectively and promote the reputation and values of the client and the Business Services Directorate at various meetings and groups both internally and externally, including the development of appropriate and constructive partnerships with relevant organisations
- To be educated to HND or equivalent in a related ICT discipline, or have relevant knowledge gained from direct experience in similar roles within complex ICT environments.
- ITIL Certification (Service Management), or equivalent framework experience.
- Strong knowledge of Service Architect Design and ensuring that services are designed to meet the business need with appropriate support model and service levels
- Substantial knowledge of ICT enterprise architecture principles gained through experience of service delivery and performance monitoring in similar size organisations.
- Experienced in applying architectural tools and methods using industry best practice.
- Demonstrate significant experience of architecting service solutions in ICT in a similar large complex multi-faceted organisation.
- Demonstrate experience of translating user requirements into ICT service designs.
- Relevant experience demonstrating an aptitude for analysing systems, processes and operational procedures.
- Experience of 3rd Party support contracts specifications and negotiations.
- Able to take ownership of the service design from inception, delivery and performance monitoring to the end customer.