£110000 - £120000 per annum + 15% bonus + 10% pension + bens
4 months ago
10 Apr 00:00
A Divisional Head of Commercial Finance is sought by the most prestigious division of one of the world's leading publishing companies. With a roster of artists whose works can be found in homes across the land, they publish tens of thousands of titles each year and seek to sign the brightest creative talent to ensure they remain market leaders for many years to come.
The Divisional Head of Commercial Finance will report in to the Group Finance Director and dotted line into the Divisional Managing Director and specific duties will include the following:
- Act as a key advisor to the management team on a range of issues including acquisition of titles, contractual issues, stock management & discounts and setting margins.
- Preparation of divisional budgets & forecasts; prepare analysis and understand variances.
- Lead and develop a team of 6; review monthly management accounts as prepared.
- Develop analysis & understanding on net contribution by title, range, artist and genre.
- Contribute to accurate and timely preparation of month and year-end results.
- Build strong working relationships across senior leadership and other divisional finance teams.
The successful candidate for the post of Divisional Head of Commercial Finance will:
- Be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 7 years pqe.
- Possess significant senior-level commercial and business partnering experience.
- Be a confident presenter & negotiator and someone who enjoys challenging conventional thinking.
- Enjoy building strong relationships with finance and non-finance stakeholders at up to Board level.
- Demonstrate strong experience of managing and developing teams of staff.
- Ideally come from a media, publishing, content, music, e-commerce, retail or distribution background.