West Midlands, England
£80000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
9 months ago
Our client is a dynamic and well-known international leisure business that has achieved great success to date. As a market leader, the business has an exciting strategic vision and ambitious growth plans.
To facilitate and support this continued expansion, our client is recruiting a Divisional Finance Director for one of its key business units based in the Midlands. As an integral member of the senior management team you will work closely with the Divisional Managing Director and Group Finance Director, to support the growth of the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Functioning as a business partner to the Divisional Managing Director, developing and implementing the strategic direction, providing a clear vision of short-term and longer-term goals
- Providing leadership with strong financial support, analysis and commercial challenge for all decision making on a broad range of finance, commercial and operational matters
- Analysing new and existing business initiatives, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities in order to maximise growth and profitability
- Taking ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes
- Full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements - maintaining tight controls, driving continuous improvements, best practice and efficiencies
- Leading, developing and mentoring a finance team
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on', technically strong and commercially astute Finance Director, with significant operational exposure in a broad finance leadership capacity. You will be comfortable dealing with the complexity of multiple revenue streams, ideally within a leisure or consumer-facing environment. Prior management experience is essential.
A confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships across all levels. You will have the emotional intelligence, credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and proactivity, you will thrive in a change-oriented and fast-paced environment.