*inside IR35* - Temp to Perm
A world-wide and respected Not-for-Profit organisation is seeking a Director of Finance to come on board and lead the organisation financially into a post Covid world. They are operational across multiple sites across the South West with their head office based in Portsmouth.
Reporting and acting as number two to the COO, this role will be leading a team of 7 in Finance (Qual and Part Qual). As number 1 in finance this role will be working closely and updating the board of trustees on a regular basis.
Please note this role will be a hands-on role.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Develop a short-and long-term Financial Plan reflecting the range of challenges facing the organisation.
- To work with the Chief Operating Officer to develop and implement a two-year rolling Cost Improvement Programme, ensuring that plans are robust, and leaders are held to account for delivery.
- To work with the Senior Stakeholders to ensure the financial strategy is aligned with the organisation's vision.
- To support the Chief Operating Officer in the annual business planning cycle, engaging, and supporting directors and framework team leaders to develop costed plans.
- Take a lead role in the production of high quality and timely external reporting, including the annual accounts.
- Implement, monitor, and effectively manage the policies, systems, structures, and processes that support financial control including effective forecasting.
- To lead the year end and plan and prepare for the annual audit.
- Lead a significant change programme including the introduction of a new financial management system.
- To provide the Board with advice on achieving "best value" in any contractual arrangements.
- To take responsibility for the effective management of cash flow relating to creditor payments, payroll, and investments.
- To ensure that effective debt recovery and write off procedures are in place.
- Respect and maintain the values of the organisation's vision.
The ideal candidate will be a fully Qualified Accountant with both technical and commercial experience. You will have previous multi-site experience and have had experience turning around the finances in organisations. Strong communication skills with all levels of the organisations (particularly non finance) will be essential.