£65000 - £70000 per annum + 10% pension + benefits
7 days ago
A Director of Finance is sought by a leading medical charity who work to support medical advances and clinical excellence as well as promoting the health & wellbeing of those whom the charity supports. The organisation has income of around £20m and is the leader in its area.
The Director of Finance will report into the Finance Director and, leading a team of 6, will be responsible for all the day-to-day finance operations. Responsibilities include:
- Lead & develop a cohesive finance team to control and manage operational finances.
- Produce, oversee & interrogate monthly management accounts inc. variance analysis & KPIs.
- Partner with budget holders to update forecasts; support them where there are variances.
- Oversee external audit process; prepare consolidated accounts & statutory accounts.
- Deputise for the Finance Director where necessary both internally & externally.
- Various ad hoc change and transformation projects and other tasks.
Candidates for the Director of Finance role MUST be qualified accountants who are either immediately available or available within a month's notice.
Beyond that, candidates may come from either a charity or a commercial background but should have strong all-round finance experience (inc. financial & management accounting, budgeting & forecasting) and have experience in managing, leading and developing teams.