Cedar are currently looking for two interim Data Analysts to join a retail company based in Central London.
3-month contract paying £32,000 per annum pro rata/ £138.00 per day PAYE including holiday pay
Start date- ASAP
Must have experience reading/ reviewing lease contracts
- Responsible for taking the lead on reviewing the rent, service charge and insurance payable for retail stores.
- Review and ensure all leases are accounted for correctly, verifying Property team data back to lease documentation.
- Work closely with PTP team to ensure accurate property payments made in line with lease terms.
- Process and record property transactions, including various types of rent.
- Support the implementation of a new global property system in 2021.
- Assist with period end closing activities and prepare property related reports for management.
- Support the development of a robust control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and support implementation of these changes.
- Support other Finance Transformation Workstream leads including Fixed Assets, RTR Transition.
- Resolve divisional finance team queries and root cause analysis.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within GTH.
- Ensure all operational activities performed meet or exceed agreed KPIs and SLAs defined between Markets and Global Transaction Hub and is within a strong internal control framework.
- Focus on ensuring 100% compliance to internal controls.
- Contribute to process excellence by identifying improvement opportunities to make the process leaner and more effective.
- Support team members in daily activities as and when required.
- Proactively highlight/escalate any issues or challenges related to delays in receiving inputs / approvals for JVs or other month end tasks.
- Adhoc support to the RTR Manager and Global Transactional Hub Lead.
- Be a visible partner to non-financial stakeholders and attend appropriate department meetings.
- Deal with Helpdesk queries on shop P&Ls where required.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Strong technical background with experience in large organisations applying IFRS is desired, with detailed understanding of IFRS16
- Part qualified i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- ERP training and certification is a plus (NetSuite preferred)
- At least 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in RTR / management accounting is required
- NetSuite and retail industry experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and (ERP System)
- Highly analytical individual with good maths & statistical knowledge, with a mathematics or similar background highly advantageous
- A commercial mindset, able to extract insight from complex data, ideally having worked in a similar commercial role before
- Strong relationship builder with those inside and outside of Finance
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to analyse information and present it in a format that is easily understood by the audience
If you are interested in this role, please apply online ASAP.