£50000 - £60000 per annum + 20% bonus & awesome benefits
about 1 year ago
Customs & Excise Manager
Do you want to work for the world's largest brewer? A hugely successful international British organisation, HQ in London with strong growth and career opportunities second to none?
This drinks business is seeking an experienced Customs and Excise Manager to take a senior position at one of their largest breweries! The business has some of the strongest brands globally and following a hugely successful acquisition the business is continuing to grow and dominate the market!
The company is well known for having a warm and fulfilling culture where their people come first, and each employee is recognised and rewarded for the contributions they make both financially and with long term career opportunities!
Main purpose of role:
To maintain a strong relationship with HMRC and other colleagues/teams, ensuring the right taxes are paid at the right time! You will work closely with Operations, Finance teams, logistics & Supply Chain, becoming the benchmark brewer in the business for compliance to HMRC regulations!
The role will be 70% office based and include 30% fully paid travel, hotel accommodation and expenses to other sites across the UK - mainly London and Glasgow.
- Sustaining knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and how they impact company operations
- Responsible for accurate Excise Tax reporting
- Maintain Excise Duty Management System SOPs
- Conduct internal and external warehousing compliance audits
- Managing compliance to EMCS and Import/Export obligations
- Provide training in systems and processes, and provide routine guidance to internal stakeholders
- Manage testing of any excise related systems enhancements
- Assist in the development of Customs & Excise related projects
Essential requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years' experience of working within an excise controlled environment
- In-depth working knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and a strong compliance mindset
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent team player building relationships across functional areas
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage time effectively and work unsupervised
Great package on offer:
A strong basic salary and pension, 20% annual bonuses, beer vouchers, Apple products, private health care, dental, free retail vouchers and much more!