£50000 - £54000 per annum + 20% bonus + see advert
over 1 year ago
09 Dec 00:00
Customs & Excise Manager
Do you want to work for the world's largest brewer? A hugely successful international British organisation, HQ in London with strong growth and career opportunities second to none?
This drinks business is seeking an experienced Customs and Excise Manager to take a senior position at one of their largest breweries! The business has some of the strongest brands globally and following a hugely successful acquisition the business is continuing to grow and dominate the beer market!
The company is well known for having a warm and fulfilling culture where their people come first, and each employee is recognised and rewarded for the contributions they make!
Main purpose of role:
To maintain a strong relationship with HMRC and other colleagues/teams, ensuring the right taxes are paid at the right time! You will work closely with Operations, Finance teams, logistics & Supply Chain, becoming the benchmark brewer in the business for compliance to HMRC regulations!
The role will be 60% office based and include 40% paid travel across the UK to other sites - including London and Glasgow.
- Sustaining knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and how they impact company operations
- Responsible for accurate Excise Tax reporting
- Maintain Excise Duty Management System SOPs
- Conduct internal and external warehousing compliance audits
- Managing compliance to EMCS and Import/Export obligations
- Provide training in systems and processes, and provide routine guidance to internal stakeholders
- Manage testing of any excise related systems enhancements
- Assist in the development of Customs & Excise related projects
Essential requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years' experience of working within an excise controlled environment
- In-depth working knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and a strong compliance mindset
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent team player building relationships across functional areas
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage time effectively and work unsupervised
Great package on offer:
Strong basic salary, 20% annual bonuses, 6% pension, beer vouchers, Apple products, health care, dental, retail vouchers and much more!