£200 - £225 per day
about 1 month ago
Cryptographic Assistant - South Lanarkshire
This role will be working for an organisation based in South Lanarkshire on a project focussed around protecting sensitive information.
This role will include Prepare, muster, distribute and account for items that require movement to other sites. This is a varied and demanding role for an intelligent and enthusiastic person who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
- To ensure that the minimum requirements for the secure storage and handling of cryptographic items are applied to minimise the possibility of a breach of security.
- To understand and utilise the existing up to date system of Central Accounting for all cryptographic items issued to their location using a register of cryptographic items with supporting vouchers to record every transaction. This requirement includes the bi-annual mustering of cryptographic items for external audit.
- To become familiar with the current system for internal stock checks of all cryptographic items for which they are responsible at the requisite intervals.
- To take immediate upward reporting action on any suspected or actual cryptographic incident.
- To issue cryptographic items on loan to holders and users.
- Have the ability to work in a methodical manner, at times without instruction from the custodian team.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in working with Cryptographic material
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping skills
- The ability to follow guidance and adhere to processes
- Proven communication skills which allow you to accurately share and respond information