Credit Controller 12m FTC - Insurance Industry
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000
Hybrid: 2-3 days in the office per week
A rare opportunity for a Credit Controller to join one of the largest commercial real insurance firms. The firm are a proudly independent insurance broker, providing insurance broking, risk management and employee benefits to a range of businesses, individuals, and organisations.
The Credit Controller will be joining an established finance team to enhance the current debt recovery service for the current line of business.
Main responsibilities and requirements:
- Previous experience within the insurance industry is essential
- Liaise closely with technical underwriting staff to resolve broker queries.
- Manage the resolution of outstanding items on the query system to maintain accurate accounts.
- Adhere to Credit Control policies, KPI's and SLAs, and educate across the business, to support good working practices
- Manage client debts ensuring timely payments, works with the underwriters to resolve issues preventing payment.
- Checks accuracy of the posting of receipts to Company accounting systems
- Preparation of statements, aged debt status reports and query management reporting as required
- Resolves account queries and feeds back to assist in Root Cause Analysis
- Develops strong relationships with their business units within their area of responsibility
- Responds to the clients (both internal and external) requirements as appropriate
- Remains aware of external, industry, legal and regulatory developments etc to ensure practice and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard
- Ensures performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Operating Entity and/or Group's requirements (which will include those of direct reports if the job holder has line management responsibilities)
- Maintains accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
- Operates in an honest, professional and ethical manner
The successful candidate must have previous recent experience working as a Credit Controller, preferably within the insurance space looking after a volume ledger. You will be well organised with an analytical mind and be competent using accounting systems and Excel up to VLU's and pivot tables.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you and would like to discuss in more detail, please apply online ASAP.