City of London, London
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting a Cost Accountant for a well known company based in Central/North London.
The role is based within a team which focuses on the cost accounting which includes: the costs of sale, stock, maintenance, overheads and depreciation.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- You will be leading the maintenance of fixed asset register and posting of related month end journals.
- Working throughout the month to ensure that the accounting is to be completed at month end.
- Work pro-actively with the business and the finance business partners.
- Work actively with the business, and with the purchasing team, to ensure that purchase orders and receipting are improved and aligned.
- Prepare and input month end journals to finalise the accounting in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Be responsible for reconciliations.
- You will be assisting in the preparation of half year, hard close and year end audit files and supporting the audit process.
- You need to be a part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- You must have strong cost accounting experience
- A proactive and forward thinking attitude.
- Excellent understanding of general ledger accounting
- Good understanding of financial processes and controls
- Strong IT skills, including Excel, Oracle Financials and Business Objects
- The Ability to act as interface between Finance and the business.
- To be able to build strong relationships with people at a variety of levels within the company.
There are a number of great benefits which come with this role:
- Travel benefits for work and play
- A great pension
- Exclusive discounts and perks