City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum
3 months ago
Cedar are recruiting for a leading independent providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 principal offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,700 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, our aim is to provide an innovative global service.
London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and not-for-profit organisations.
From the London office we provide the full range of our services: business advisory services, banking, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
In the corporate finance division we work with entrepreneurial clients as they move through the lifecycle of their business. This can involve providing advice on options such as: funding, buying, growing, floating and selling. Our client base is typically mid-market and we often work with international strategic buyers as well as private equity investors. Our commitment is seen through our teamwork with clients, our entrepreneurial spirit, commercial acumen and integrity.
Purpose of role:
Work as part of a team in assisting clients through disposals, acquisitions, fund raisings and other transactions.
Corporate Finance is a regulated activity under the FCA. Transaction/client work relating to acquisitions, disposals, and other M&A transactions will include:
* Take full ownership of all delegated or assigned tasks and produce high quality work within the timescales required.
* Design and implement schedules and timetables for a transaction including thinking in advance of the next steps in the transaction eg buyers lists, data rooms, invitations to make an offer
* Produce and/or review and edit key documents for the transaction (e.g. blind profiles, Information Memorandum, etc.) prior to approval.
* Draft letters/emails of advice for the team leader to approve.
* Work with other team members (delegating where appropriate) to deliver assigned project work and exceed client expectations.
* Prepare and support presentations (such as pitches for business, management presentations to purchasers and feedback to clients).
* Maintain regular contact with key client representatives.
* Initiate and coordinate involvement of other professionals in the transaction, as appropriate.
* Keep team leader and team manager fully informed of progress and status of assigned work.
* Ensure effective utilization of team members on projects.
* Coach, mentor and support junior members of the team.
* Maintain and develop network of contacts externally and within S&W.
* Attending appropriate Business Development events
Training & Development
* Ensure that training and development needs are discussed with the Team Leader / Manager, and plans agreed to meet them.
1. Focus on high quality delivery and meeting agreed deadlines
2. Organised and planned method of working
3. Analytical Thinking - ability to adapt to and apply logical thinking to unusual situations.
4. Customer focus - focuses on the needs of the client and works to manage client expectations.
5. Teamwork - interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Able to show respect and work well with others. Ability to facilitate and work successfully towards a common goal.
6. Communication - able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels. Proficient use of English language and grammar. Listens before answering.
7. Results orientation - delivers results against pre-determined targets in an appropriate manner. Thrives on getting results.
8. Creativity/Innovation - creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
* Strong academic history.
* Relevant professional qualification e.g. Corporate Finance Qualification or Chartered Accountant.
* Significant corporate finance or deal environment experience gained within a professional or financial services firm.
* Demonstrable interest in OMBs and SMEs and the markets in which they operate.
* Thorough knowledge of the structure of a deal and the commercial and technical issues.
* Financial Modelling - clear understanding of financial models and their context and impact. Ability to apply financial principles to financial models.
* Analysis and interpretation of financial information.
* Report writing - drafting reports for review.
* Advanced use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Confident and enthusiastic in dealings with clients, and within the department and the wider firm.
* Willing to take responsibility for getting their allocated tasks completed to a high standard within deadlines.
To explore this unique opportunity further, contact Alistair Gray, Head of Public Practice on 07990 886464| 0203 837 9014.