City of London, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
6 days ago
A top ranked global professional services organisation is actively seeking to appoint an Assistant Manager - Valuations (ACA/ICAEW) to step lead an expanding portfolio of PE, AIM & FTSE listed clientèle based in London as part of a rapidly expanding team.
Corporate Finance is a regulated activity under the FCA. Transaction/client work relating to acquisitions, disposals, and other M&A transactions will include:
* Take full ownership of all delegated or assigned tasks and produce high quality work within the timescales required.
* Design and implement schedules and timetables for a transaction including thinking in advance of the next steps in the transaction eg buyers lists, data rooms, invitations to make an offer
* Produce and/or review and edit key documents for the transaction (e.g. blind profiles, Information Memorandum, etc.) prior to approval.
* Draft letters/emails of advice for the team leader to approve.
* Work with other team members (delegating where appropriate) to deliver assigned project work and exceed client expectations.
* Prepare and support presentations (such as pitches for business, management presentations to purchasers and feedback to clients).
* Maintain regular contact with key client representatives.
* Initiate and coordinate involvement of other professionals in the transaction, as appropriate.
* Keep team leader and team manager fully informed of progress and status of assigned work.
* Ensure effective utilization of team members on projects.
* Coach, mentor and support junior members of the team.
* Maintain and develop network of contacts externally and within S&W.
* Attending appropriate Business Development events
Training & Development
* Ensure that training and development needs are discussed with the Team Leader / Manager, and plans agreed to meet them.
1. Focus on high quality delivery and meeting agreed deadlines
2. Organised and planned method of working
3. Analytical Thinking - ability to adapt to and apply logical thinking to unusual situations.
4. Customer focus - focuses on the needs of the client and works to manage client expectations.
5. Teamwork - interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Able to show respect and work well with others. Ability to facilitate and work successfully towards a common goal.
6. Communication - able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels. Proficient use of English language and grammar. Listens before answering.
7. Results orientation - delivers results against pre-determined targets in an appropriate manner. Thrives on getting results.
8. Creativity/Innovation - creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
* Strong academic history.
* Relevant professional qualification e.g. Corporate Finance Qualification or Chartered Accountant.
* Significant corporate finance or deal environment experience gained within a professional or financial services firm.
* Demonstrable interest in OMBs and SMEs and the markets in which they operate.
* Thorough knowledge of the structure of a deal and the commercial and technical issues.
* Financial Modelling - clear understanding of financial models and their context and impact. Ability to apply financial principles to financial models.
* Analysis and interpretation of financial information.
* Report writing - drafting reports for review.
* Advanced use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Confident and enthusiastic in dealings with clients, and within the department and the wider firm.
* Willing to take responsibility for getting their allocated tasks completed to a high standard within deadlines.
Why this organisation?
Leading independent providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 principal offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,700 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, our aim is to provide an innovative global service.