£50000 - £60000 per annum
24 days ago
Supervisor/Assistant Manager in Corporate Finance & Audit
Supervisor or Assistant Manager in Corporate Finance and Audit
A commercially astute top UK chartered accountancy firm with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates and high-net worth individuals.
Transaction Services and Corporate Finance undertake all of the transaction related and corporate finance assignments within the Firm.
Corporate Finance leads clients through a range of transactions including business sales, acquisitions and management buy-outs and advises on valuation issues and assists with business plans, forecasting and information memoranda. We act for businesses across all sectors, from start-ups, small owner-managed businesses to established companies. Transaction Services includes due diligence reports for purchasers, funders and vendors and transaction management.
The department is a small, tight knit team who work closely together. Partners and managers are actively involved in all assignments; however personal responsibility and a proactive attitude are encouraged.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Transaction Services & Corporate Finance
You can expect to work on a variety of transactions. In certain instances you will find yourself as part of a project team helping to provide financial due diligence and investigative analysis to assist clients with their potential transactions. In other instances you will work alone, reporting directly to the Partner, taking responsibility for your own projects.
You will be working with clients including private and listed companies, partnerships and individuals. Much of the work will involve financial analysis at a high level and communication of your findings in written reports.
You will need to demonstrate good analytical skills, structured thinking, commercial awareness and the ability to work in a small team. You will need to prepare concise, accurate documents while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Depending on our workflow, you may be overseeing and managing the following projects and reporting to the Senior Managers and Partners, including:
- Financial Modelling: Forecasting, Discounting, Cash Flow Modelling and analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L
- Financial Due Diligence
- Preparation of Business Plans
- Company valuations including discounted cash flow and comparable company analysis
- Preparation of prospectuses and Information Memoranda
- Reporting Accountant assignments for IPO\'s and listings
The successful candidate will also be responsible for a small audit portfolio of varied clients, including companies, sole traders, and partnerships. This will include managing the client relationship and ensuring that expectations are managed accordingly. The main duties of this role include:
- Planning, supervising, and reviewing audit, accounts, and corporation tax
- Preparing and reviewing statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Supervising junior staff and providing assistance regarding technical queries and professional development, including conducting periodic appraisals
- Performing billing management
- Some staff-related administration duties
- Ad hoc business consultancy
- Assisting in generating new business
- Other ad hoc duties in line with the role
As the role progresses, there may also be the opportunity to assist with staff recruitment.
ACA or ACCA qualified candidate with experience from within a professional services environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Proven audit experience with a wide range of clients
- Proficient technical ability (IFRS, FRS102 and UK GAAP)
- An ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, with a genuine appetite for growth
- An analytical and well organised approach
- Being a quick learner, with an aptitude for technical concepts
- A proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Creativity in problem solving, undertaking own research to provide solutions
- Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development
- A professional presence
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Group Life Cover
- Holiday entitlement variable depending on grade
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme
This vacancy will not be on the market for long. Call now for full details.