The EMEA Compliance Manager is responsible for the management of all quality matters including product, waste, SOX and VAS for all European Distribution Centres.
Role & Responsibilities
- Day to Day QC Management: Work with all internal (Customer Services, Ecommerce etc) and external stakeholders to ensure that inbound and outbound services are managed within the QC compliance process.
- Compliance Management: Manage the 4 pillars of compliance, namely QC, Waste, SOX, and VAS to ensure that we are always fully compliant.
- Reporting: Compiles, collates, and reviews a wide range of reports and feedback on a regular basis and uses this information as the basis for strategic review of both current quality issues and long-term improvement
- Line Management: Ensure the Quality Control Co-ordinator is developed and managed in their day-to-day function in co-ordination with the European Supply Chain Manager
- Financial management: Actively control the chargeback process including third party logistics invoicing and manage the accuracy of billing and timeliness of payment authorisation for EMEA
- Knowledge and understanding of Shoe Manufacture and production methods
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Experience of working in a major retail distribution environment
- Excellent IT skills including interface knowledge
- Understanding of warehousing stock processes
- 2 + years' experience in Quality Management on a pan European basis
- Logistics and Supply Chain knowledge and understanding.
- Fluent in English, a second European language would be advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of Process Mapping and documentation
Whats on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays - on top of generous holiday allowance, we can generally take advantage of half day Fridays providing our work is finished for the week.
- Extras, discounts, perks & volunteering opportunities -
- Growth and Development
- Hybrid & Flexible Working Environment.