Role: Commercial Manager (Procurement) - Estates, Housing, Property and Works
Role Type: Permanent
Location: West London/Flexible
Salary: £60k per annum
My client is a public sector organisation who have recently gone through significant change with a real focus on collaboration and commercial activity and as part of this, they are seeking a Commercial Manager to help deliver on their procurement activity across the Estates, Housing, Property, Services and Works category.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To drive a commercial approach across the organisation that supports the organisation's overall strategy aims by:
- Driving increased value for money by leading the development and embedding of best practice contract and supplier relationship management on all key strategic contracts
- Developing market insights and building relationships with suppliers based around the future needs and plans of strategic commissioners.
- Developing and implementing commercial and category strategies.
- Lead on commercial support to service areas within a portfolio of contracts so as to ensure the delivery of best value for money, as well as service improvements and cashable savings.
- Lead the engagement and negotiation with suppliers to drive year on year efficiency savings and maintain contract documentation including administering contract amendments.
- Oversee the development and embedding of best practice contract and supplier relationship management on all contracts within an allocated portfolio,
- Providing professional expertise and support to steer the delivery of strategic contracts across the so they meet the specified commercial and operational outcomes;
- Support and lead on the development of specific commercial strategies on specific contracts or areas of spend (or support Heads of Category with category strategy development and implementation).
- Manage and deliver a rolling programme of current contract reviews and negotiations, ensuring all commercial opportunities are delivered against in full.
- Ensure all contracts with an allocated portfolio remain within budget and deliver agreed budget savings and efficiencies.
- Experience of delivering cost reduction, service improvement and cashable savings using appropriate commercial, financial, supplier relationship management, contract management tools and techniques.
- Significant track record of procurement and commercial experience across the relevant portfolio
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills
- Track record in developing and providing services which are effective at meeting customers needs
- An ability to manager strategic commercial relationships
- Equivalent public sector experience, ideally with Housing and Property
- Educated to degree / postgraduate level or equivalent, or evidence of continuous professional development and relevant management training/management development
- International Association for Contract and Commercial Management / Full membership of the Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supply via a studied qualification route (or demonstrate willingness to achieve)