£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
6 days ago
Cedar are supporting a Fortune 500 company who are on the look for a Commercial Manager. This is a 3 1/2 year contract position which will be based from Home but will require occasional travel on-site in Bristol with a salary of up to £50,000 on offer.
This role will report into the Head of Commercial and will be responsible for a number of Contract & Commercial professionals to:
- ensure commercial activity is performed to the highest standards and maintained to be able to provide advice to internal/external stakeholders, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and internal Policies/Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements which may also include drafting and issuing ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- effectively manage contracts by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices for Procurement activity with a view to delivering value for money/savings
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- Ideally MCIPS and/or IACCM qualified
- Experience in a role covering either Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management or Commercial Management
- Experience in the Public Sector and/or Defence industry is required
- Understanding of MOD procurement processes would be advantageous
- Hands on experience and understanding of running OJEU/PCR compliant Procurements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and engage with Stakeholders