National Body/ Education client
Hybrid working e.g. On average 1 day per month in London
Up to 65K + benefits
I am working with an exciting national body who deliver educational support to schools and colleges across England. Our client is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team.
The company operate in a fast paced and collaborative environment and are passionate about ensuring that young people get the best possible start in life.
The company highly value the personal development of their employees and have a collaborative culture.
- Lead a small commercial team to deliver support to the business, providing continual improvement and development capability.
- Provide comprehensive commercial plans and reporting schedule including presentation of metrics and progress reports to leadership to ensure efficiency targets are met.
- Review outsourced contracts and periodically assess and reassess the benefits of outsourcing verses bringing the services in house.
- Ensure compliance with commercial policies can be evidenced, and policies are meeting current finance and commercial legislation. Regularly reviewing and updating these when required to drive a transparent, fair and inclusive procurement process.
- Provide hands-on support for high value/risk, complex or strategic procurements and contract management issues to achieve commercial benefits, such as whole life cost reduction; quality improvement, risk management and social value benefits.
- Ensure suppliers deliver strong contract performance, through understanding contract requirements, monitoring performance, and ensuring desired outcomes are achieved.
- Train buyers in good practice and build a culture of long-term value-for-money on procurement and delivery costs.
- Significant commercial expertise in areas including procurement, supplier management, and contract management, ideally from a public sector perspective.
- Experience of commercial activity within either the digital or education sectors and an understanding of the public sector routes to market in these categories.
- Experience of setting and managing targets and develop and implement strategies to achieve them.
- Demonstrable experience in shaping and implementing commercial strategy and policy, as well as associated procedures
Please contact Eilidh Sproul at Cedar for more information.