Commercial Junior Finance Analyst
£35,000 - £40,000 (dependent on relevant experience)
Permanent, full time
Based in Shepherds Bush, London
Hybrid working - 3 days per week.
Study support + benefits
Cedar have partnered with a VC backed women's luxury fashion brand who have created a new Commercial Junior Finance Analyst role.
This role will report into the Senior Finance Analyst and will be responsible for researching and analysing commercial financial information. The ideal candidate will have a Finance, Economics or Maths degree and have at least 1 year of Finance Analyst/Assistant Management Accountant experience where they have reporting responsibilities. will be able to work on their own initiative, be proficient in Excel and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
This is a really exciting time to join their growing and ambitious team. The role reports into the Senior Finance Analyst and the Head of Commercial Analysis who both have a wealth of knowledge and commitment to developing the individual.
- Consolidating and analysing financial data, taking into account company's goals and financial standing.
- Assembling and summarising data to structure reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop & maintain financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Identify trends, advise and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on analysis.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about the industry.
- Assisting in weekly trade reporting across business channels including Financial, Retail and Ecommerce
- Variance analysis and investigation; working with the wider business to ensure reporting and data is consistent across the teams.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function - help develop dashboard in our data stack.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data and assisting in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis such as potential new store openings.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Finance Analyst, at least 1 year.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and information analysis.
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field preferred with a minimum 2.1.
- Sage 200 experience preferable but not essential
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.