£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + 15% bonus + LTIP + benefits
3 months ago
Commercial Finance Manager - Pharma - Hertfordshire - £70-75k + 15% bonus + LTIP
A young specialist Pharma business in Hertfordshire with high double-digit growth has created a new position for a senior Commercial Finance Manager to partner at the highest level.
In this high-profile strategic decision support role will be the Business Partner to the EU President, who is a key member of the senior leadership team and who manages several country GMs.
The role will also partner the commercial teams across Europe to helping to drive profitable Sales growth for the region.
COMMERCIAL FINANCE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Finance Business Partnering:
- Partner with the EU President to review, analyse and challenge annual budget, quarterly forecasts and 5-year plan deliveries for the region, highlighting areas of opportunities and risks.
- Ensure revenue and cost drivers are fully understood and develop scenario planning, considering patient and pricing model assumptions as well as external market data and strategic planning.
- Summarise budgeting and forecasting results in a meaningful way in conversations, presentations or documents addressed to senior management.
Work closely with the global FP&A team and regional leads to:
- Run monthly commercial performance review meetings for the region Europe.
- Provide Sales, Gross Margin, Opex and EBITDA variance analysis for the region on a regular basis and write summary reports and/or presentations.
- Highlight and investigate unusual variances.
- Run financial performance reporting regularly. Ensure reporting is consistent and aligned to global standards and provide feedback and support to continuously improve and optimise delivery and relevancy.
- Consolidate and review weekly sales projections for the current month
- Continuously develop regional performance reporting KPIs in alignment with strategic priorities and support their implementation in the dashboard reporting platform.
Financial Data Modelling and Analysis:
- Develop product knowledge generally and specialise expertise in at least one global product to become a key point of contact in Finance for performance analysis and forecasting queries.
- Review patient-based forecast model(s) and other scenario planning tools on a regular basis and support continuous updates and/or improvements and optimise the accuracy of commercial projections.
- Develop customer profitability reporting and analysis in alignment with commercial functions.
- Contribute actively to champion analytics across the organisation in support of evidence-based decision making.
- Take ownership for translating commercial propositions into financial cases.
SKILLS NEEDED FOR THE COMMERCIAL FINANCE MANAGER ROLE:
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified with PQE in the pharmaceutical industry
- Recent commercial finance, finance planning & analysis and/or finance business partnering with exposure to senior management
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills
- Salary c.£75,000
- 15% bonus
- 8% pension
- Sickness and Life insurance
- 25 days holiday