West London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Commercial Finance Analyst - Sports Media - London
Cedar are working exclusively with a multinational Sports Media business in London, who are looking for an ambitious recently qualified professional for a sports focused commercial finance role.
This is a hands-on role managing the reporting across a range of sports rights & events, and for a high-achiever you can fast track in the business. The business has great retention and career nurturing, and across the business you can see examples of rapid internal promotion.
This is a business for ambitious high-flyers looking for a long and progressive career in the Sports or Media industries!
Reporting to the Finance Director, responsibilities include:
Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Preparation of forecasts for rights properties and on a 3 year rolling basis. This involves liaising with the Commercial and Production teams to ensure all relevant information is collected
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting for rights properties
- Overall football portfolio reporting and support for the Head of Sport
Management and Commercial Accounting
- Responsible for period end accounting closes for a range of rights properties (predominantly football assets)
- Variance analysis of actual results against forecast
- Preparation of periodic client accounting reports for rights properties including liaising with clients.
- Compliance with obligations under client and customer contracts
- Liaison with group accounts payable function to ensure all company payments are made on a timely basis.
- Valuation and appraisal of new sports rights acquisition opportunities
Essential skills required:
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA)
- Commercial acumen and senior stakeholder management
- A strong interest in Sports and Media
- Strong ability in Excel
- Technical knowledge in revenue recognition and US GAAP desirable