Commercial Finance Analyst (PQ)
£48,000 to £55,000 (dependent on relevant experience)
Full time office-based role.
Full time, permanent position
Brand new, available immediately position
We have partnered with a really exciting live entertainment organisation who are looking for a proven Commercial Finance Analyst to join their expanding and ambitious team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business who have created the latest cutting edge creative and technological innovation, they've developed a truly unique experience that has seen visitor numbers both increase and remain high. This position is brand new, so has great scope to make it your own.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will work closely with the teams at the entertainment site, the commercial and ticketing divisions, as well as senior management. This role involves a broad remit to provide intelligence and insight to support an ambitious business strategy and to service the demands of a rapidly developing business.
- Compiling and delivery of weekly and monthly financial and operational dashboards on ticketing, ancillary income streams, marketing, production costs and other key expenditure
- Timely and accurate financial analysis of sales data and customer trends to support commercial decision making.
- Managing targets and KPIs to allow the company to make appropriate business decisions.
- To provide business intelligence to all other areas of the business to shape strategic planning.
- Support the finance team to build, review and assess the business projections.
- Assist in producing a variety of business forecasts - including licensing and sales - for potential future international projects.
- Take a key role within the finance team to build and maintain short, medium, and long-term financial/strategic plans.
- Produce variance analysis on actuals against the annual budgets, cash forecast, revenue forecasts.
- Support in assessing commercial revenue deals with third parties across ticketing, F&B, merchandising and other ancillary revenue opportunities for the events.
- Involvement with specific project work and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Experience in a similar role, with up to 3 years' relevant experience working in a commercially focussed or business intelligence environment.
- A passion for working in a start-up environment and are highly adaptable.
- Experience and comfortable working in a small team in a hands-on role
- Excellent financial and analytical modelling skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Experience analysing complex business arrangements.
- An understanding of reporting on volume revenues and contractor partnership income.
- A familiarity with a variety of business models - including licensing, ticketing, and sales.
- A confident personable approach to business partnering with strong communication skills and the ability to work with professionals from a non-finance background.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience build reports and analysing data on BI systems.
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation skills
- Working towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification
Prior experience within the entertainment, hospitality, events or leisure sectors would be highly advantageous but not essential.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.