£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus + big corporate benefits
1 day ago
Commercial Finance Analyst - Media & Entertainment - London - £55-60k + bonus + big benefits
Cedar are working exclusively with the biggest name in Sports Media & Entertainment, who are looking for an ambitious recently qualified professional for a sports focused Commercial Finance Analyst role.
This is a hands-on role being fully immersed in the numbers across a range of sports assets, and for a high-achiever you can fast track in the business with a life time career in Sports Media & Entertainment. The business has great retention and career nurturing, and across the business you can see examples of rapid internal promotion and long-term progression across different divisions. This is also an exciting time to join the business as they have recently IPO'd, listing on the NYSE.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director you will have huge exposure to senior stakeholders across the business, senior Commercial Heads with a strong network across the global Sports industry, supporting financials relating to some of the biggest sporting tournaments and events in the world across UFC, Boxing, Rugby, Football, Tennis and many others. This is a business for ambitious high-flyers looking for a long and progressive career in the Sports Media & Entertainment industries!
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide commercial support for various Heads of Sport supporting the overall football, rugby (or other Sports) portfolio management reporting
- Preparation of forecasts for Sports properties and on a 3 year rolling basis
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting for a Sports portfolio
- Responsible for period end accounting closes for a range of Sports properties (such as Fighting Sports (UFC/Boxing), Rugby or other sports)
- Variance analysis of actual results against forecast
- Preparation of periodic Sport client accounting reports including liaising with clients such as various Sports Associations and Governing bodies (e.g. The FA, LaLiga, SerieA) and overseeing large payments to these organisations
- Valuation and appraisal of new sports acquisition opportunities across a range of sports
- Ensuring compliance with obligations under client and customer commercial contracts
- Support the controllership team with month end reconciliations
- Ad-hoc analysis and commercial support for new ventures and events
Essential skills required:
- ACA qualified accountant
- Commercial acumen and senior stakeholder management
- Technical knowledge in revenue recognition and controls
- Strong ability in Excel and a hands-on, can-do attitude
- A true passion and knowledge of mainstream Sports