£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus + big corporate benefits
21 days ago
Commercial Finance Analyst - Sports Media - London - £55-60k + bonus
Cedar are working exclusively with a multinational Media & Entertainment business in London, who are looking for an ambitious recently qualified professional for a sports focused finance business partner role.
This is a hands-on role managing the reporting across a range of sports assets, and for a high-achiever you can fast track in the business with a life time career in Sports. The business has great retention and career nurturing, and across the business you can see examples of rapid internal promotion.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director you will have huge exposure to senior stakeholders across the business, some of who are big names with a strong network across the global Sports industry, supporting financials relating to some of the biggest sporting tournaments and events in the world. This is a business for ambitious high-flyers looking for a long and progressive career in the Sports or Media industries!
Key responsibilities include:
Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Preparation of forecasts for rights properties and on a 3-year rolling basis. This involves liaising with the Commercial and Production teams to ensure all relevant information is collected
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting for rights properties
- Sports portfolio reporting and commercial support for various commercial Heads of Sport
Management and Commercial Accounting
- Responsible for period end accounting closes for a range of rights properties (football or similar assets)
- Variance analysis of actual results against forecast
- Preparation of periodic client accounting reports for rights properties including liaising with clients.
- Compliance with obligations under client and customer contracts
- Liaison with group accounts payable function to ensure all company payments are made on a timely basis.
- Valuation and appraisal of new sports rights acquisition opportunities
Essential skills required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Commercial acumen and senior stakeholder management
- A real passion and knowledge of mainstream Sports (either Football, Rugby, Tennis or Golf etc.)
- Strong ability in Excel and a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Technical knowledge in revenue recognition and controls is desirable