City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Cedar is currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst for a telecommunications company based in the City of London.
The company has a global footprint, and this particular division of the company is entering an exciting period of growth, so this role will continuously grow and develop in line with this.
The role will be ideal for someone with commercial finance analyst experience, or someone coming from a junior Business Partnering role, who is looking to work in an extremely supportive environment in a role that offers clear progression.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Business partner for a number of contracts/customers within the company
- Runs the month end reporting process for their units, calculating accruals and prepayments, and providing a full stack P&L for the unit.
- Regularly monthly tracking of performance and early flagging of performance variance on bids.
- Supports the Finance Manager and the Head of Finance by providing bid pricing and business case support for their respective unit of the business.
- Billing processes, including calculation of invoices and provision of customers back-up spreadsheets. Assists business partners with bottom-up forecasting process during Budget and Forecast processes.
- Provide analysis and insight on bids, contracts and units of the business to support profitable decision making.
- Support forecast preparation, monitor accuracy against bi-annual forecast and drive improvements in this critical area of the business.
- Provide insight into project utilisation, overhead analysis and discretionary spend to identify potential efficiencies and cost savings.
- Supports Commercial Finance activity, performing pricing analysis for bids, products and new business.
- Tracks Commercial activity to identify policy impact, assess business trends and forecast performance.
- Critical business partner for all other Commercial activity
- Provides the Head of Finance with ad hoc reports.
- Currently studying ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- At least 1 year's experience working in an Analyst or Junior BP role
- Ideally someone with previous process-improvement experience
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company with a global presence, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.