Job Title: Commercial Procurement Manager
Salary: £52,000 - 57,000
Working Model: 2/3 days in Central London per week
Reports into: Head of Procurement
Cedar are currently supporting a well-regarded rail organisation who are on the look for a Commercial Procurement Manager. This role is on a permanent basis, and will be a mixture of home and office based working, offering a salary between £52,000 - 57,000 plus a mixture of benefits, which includes a 13% bonus amongst some other perks!
This position reports directly into the Head of Procurement and will encompass two main functions within their post. Firstly, this position will require the chosen candidate to lead on full end-to-end procurement projects across a wide variety of projects. Secondly, the chosen candidate will have to support the Business Development team with the commercial process. This role will also allow the candidate to get involved in commercial contracting and work within a grant environment!
- Supporting all of the clients' stakeholders with external contractual commitments
- Identify High value for money savings or income opportunities
- Work alongside the Commercial procurement Managers and Head of Procurement to work on the end-to-end procurement process, and support the Business Development team with the commercial process.
- Provide professional, qualified procurement expertise, advice and services
Candidates applying for this role must have
- Qualified, or working towards MCIPS professional qualification
- Detailed knowledge of Public sector procurement regulations and EU procurement directives
- Strong stakeholder management skills with good softer skills to work across the business
- The candidate must be adaptable and resilient to deal with the ups and downs of the rail industry.
- Experience of effectively arranging end-to-end procurement's and commercial agreements
- Substantial experience working in a procurement function involved in high-risk, high value complex works, services and supplies.
- Contractual knowledge and experience across a wide range of contract conditions.
This role will involve a two stage interview process:
1) Initial call with Head of Procurement
2) Technical Interview
If you are interested finding out more, please email your updated CV