Commercial Accountant - FTSE Technology - Hertfordshire - £55k + big corporate benefits package
The leader in their Technology space and a high-growth listed business has a newly created opportunity to join their Hertfordshire HQ in the Commercial Accounting team.
They have a fast-paced buzzing work environment, a collaborative, lively culture ideally suited to an outgoing person who is hungry to learn, and keen to build relationships across the business in a sociable team.
You will be joining a large and dynamic Commercial Accounting team that drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. The team is comprised of finance, accounting, corporate strategy & commercial finance that support and enhance the businesses operating efficiency's. Their are real opportunities to progression in a layered structure where you could quickly progress to Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager etc.
You will need strong knowledge of IFRS and month-end reporting, a passion for improving and simplifying processes, and the desire to grow and progress in a dynamic fast-paced Tech environment.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department including reviewing other team members' work. Records, classifies and summarises financial transactions and events in accordance with IFRS.
- Provide accurate numbers and financial analysis for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Participate in the compilation of policies, procedures and guidelines over areas of responsibility, looking to improve processes and internal controls
- Partnering closely with Commercial Finance, including understanding the budget/forecast for the relevant area(s) in detail and attending stakeholder meetings as and when required
- Liaising with the local and international commercial teams where appropriate to promote consistency and accuracy
- Contribute to building and developing a high performing and engaged team
- Various project and ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions.
- Aid internal customers in compiling financial information; provide technical advice and analytical support.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A good understanding of accounting for large, complex organisations
- Exposure to senior stakeholders in large companies
- The ability to analyse large quantities of data