City of London, London, England
£30000 - £33000 per annum
7 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting a Billings & Collections Specialist for a global publishing/media company, based in the City.
The company specialises in the production of industry-information within the Professional Services sector and boasts a fantastic office in the heart of the City of London.
The UK finance team consists of less than 10 people and the team is very close-knit, so the person coming into this role must be confident in their ability with the requirements for the role as well as their ability to liaise with colleagues of varying seniority.
The hiring manager wants to hold 1st-stage interviews within the next 10 days, so please be mindful that any successful applications would be expected to be able to interview within that time.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Highly-volume daily invoice run.
- Responsible for following the 360 process, from downloading the data from system, formatting and checking the Excel sheet and sending invoices.
- Ensuring that the correct tax is charged depending on the product sold and location of the customer.
- Taking credit card payments by phone and sending out receipts.
- Dealing with a wide range of queries.
- Posting receipts of online transactions and credit card transactions.
- Chasing customers based all over the world by email/phone and following through the entire debt collection process to ensure cash is collected.
·Intermediate Excel skills
·Experience with multi-currency billings and collections is essential
·Previous AR/Billing/Collection experience is essential
·Knowledge of different VAT and tax rates is desirable
·High attention to detail
·Strong verbal and written communication skills
·Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.