City of London
£450 - £540 per hour
9 days ago
The Business Analyst will work with the customer and their stakeholders to drive collection of business requirements and joint understanding of target business process and outcomes to the level where technology decisions and design can be built to implement those outcomes.
The BAs will report to programme teams and Tech Leads for the Transformation Technology workstream, validating and elaborating the currently 14 tasks identified for delivery.
Specific Skills/Experience Required
1. Business capability architecture - capture, development and delivery
2. Lean design principles & Agile (SAFE) delivery
3. Requirements evocation and capture.
4. Working in an architecture team
5. TOGAF/MODAF/COBIT/NCOSE Experience.
6. Cloud business architecture experience.
* Ability to work effectively from home and at various offices around the country
* Ability to engage and work with new contacts rapidly
* Able to make the detailed analysis and feedback that challenges the customer to get to the root of their requirements and target desired operating practices.
* Able to provide the first-tier requirements and business architecture aspects in such a way that the agile delivery streams can elaborate and deliver easily.
* Self-starter who can engage easily within the teams and across the teams to maintain a joined-up architectural and business view for consistent delivery.
* Used to working with and for a Lead Architect who will own and direct the strategy and products
* Used to working with internet collaboration tools and agile development delivery tools.
* Communicating and Influencing - Communicate in a straightforward, honest and truthful way with consideration for the impact of the method used. Respect and consider the diversity of the audience when giving messages and deliver these appropriately. Influence external partners, stakeholders and customers successfully securing mutually beneficial outcomes.
* Making Effective Decisions - Act decisively and make bold, unbiased decisions at a strategic level. Accept and respond to challenge constructively. Clearly recommend the best option articulating risks and impacts on economic, environmental, political and social factors.
* Leadership - Display passion and enthusiasm for the work and embed a culture of inclusion and equal opportunity for all, where the diversity of individuals' backgrounds and experiences are valued and respected. Work to influence the strategy, direction and culture to increase effectiveness.
* Seeing the Big Picture - Anticipate the long-term impact on the Department of economic, political, environmental, social and technological developments, at both national and international levels. Ensure work is in the national interest whilst meeting the diverse needs of all end users.
* Working Together - Encourage and establish mechanisms to share knowledge and resources across boundaries to support the business. Encourage teams to engage with a variety of delivery partners and stakeholders, listen to and act on their feedback.
Working patterns Full-time